I need a divorce, can I get a family lawyer?

Getting a divorce or experiencing the breakdown of a long term relationship can be really difficult, especially if you have a house and children together.

You can get support with this and complete the process yourself, but if you and your spouse can’t agree you might need to seek some legal advice.

There’s information on how and when you can apply for a divorce here

There’s also loads of information and support on the dealing with relationship breakdown and divorce here. 

If you need to search for a solicitor, you can do this through the Law Society database

You might also want to think about using mediation to sort out issues such as children and property instead of a solicitor. This can be cheaper and less stressful.

If you’d like any more information or support about getting a divorce e.g. financial impact or need to accommodation - just call into LUU Advice for a confidential chat.