I’m self-harming, who can I turn to for help?

We know that self-harming can be a way of coping with painful, difficult or distressing feelings and it may be a way for you to cope with day to day challenges.

If you are worried that your self-harming is escalating, if you’d like help managing it or you’d like to reduce or stop, we can help you to find the support for you.

It can help to talk to someone about how you’re feeling, sometimes it can be hard to know how to tell someone. Selfharm UK can help you start this process. If you haven’t already it may be worth having a chat with your GP.

There’s loads of non-judgemental support out there that can help such as University of Leeds Counselling, the Big White Wall and Mind.

You can always get in touch with LUU Advice as well - we’re confidential and independent from the University, and anything you share with us won’t be passed on to your school. We can also help to find you the support you need, if you haven’t found anything that works for you, or if how you’re feeling is impacting on your studies or relationships.