How do I find a replacement housemate?

There are two things that you can do to find a replacement housemate:

Ask the landlord to re-advertise the room in the property.

Post on Unipol’s student noticeboard here.

When you find a replacement housemate, you can ask the landlord to draw up a new contract, bear in mind you may need to pay an admin fee but this should be stated in your original contract. 

However, the landlord can choose not to have a new contract but instead they can ‘assign’ your tenancy. This will state who is moving in, that you are moving out - but the landlord can choose to still keep you liable for the rent - so check what you are being asked to sign.

If you have problems finding a replacement tenant or need help with new contracts, have a chat with LUU Advice.