There are mice in my house, what should I do?

First things first - contact your landlord and let them know.

They may send someone round or ask you to call Leeds City Council Pest Control directly.   

The council deals with anything classed as detrimental to health for free, but mice do not count so you would be charged. 

Mice can come to your house because of overflowing bins, food scraps and fleas from pets. If this is case in your situation, the landlord could charge you. If it’s not, then the landlord has to pick up the bill. 

If you’ve got a dispute over who should pay, drop into LUU Advice for a chat or give us an email. 

Here’s some tips on preventing mice and other pests happening in the first place.