How do I find temporary accommodation?

If you’re moving to Leeds from outside the UK taking temporary accommodation over the summer can help you see which areas of Leeds you’d like to live in while you look for something more permanent. Or you may be part of an Erasmus programme or work placement that doesn’t require you to be in Leeds for the whole year. 

Here’s a few suggestions of ways to get short term accommodation: 

The University of Leeds Accommodation Office has short term places, mostly for the summer months. Contact them and they can let you know what they have on offer in University Accommodation.

Student landlords often offer a 12 month contracts, avoid signing these unless you have seen the property in person and they have a clause that allows you to give notice. You may be able to negotiate a shorter contract if you avoid the main November-March house hunting period. 

Unipol has options on which short term lets are currently available here.

Professional landlords will often by more likely to offer shorter term or one month notice contracts. Although they charge will charge an admin and contract fees. 

Cheap hotels are a good idea if you need somewhere to stay for a few days.