I think I’ve been overcharged tax what should I do?

First off, work out if your wage is regularly below the tax free allowance of £958/month and speak to your employer if you need any help. 

However, it’s usually best to speak to HMRC directly because they’ll be able to give you the best answer and can help fix your problem.

You can give them a call on 0300 200 3300 or use their online service here.