I am an international student with English as a second language. Where can I get help with proofreading?

If you’re registered with the Language Centre you can get support with English language and developing your academic writing skills in general. Find out more here.

The Skills@Library can also provide further help here.

Generally, you shouldn’t get anyone else to proofread your work for you, this includes; proofreading services that may charge fees, peers, friends or family. Your work should represent your own abilities and understanding. Developing your own proofreading skills is an essential part of academic writing and you could be breaching the University’s Proofreading Policy if you do get someone else to help you. 

It may also be worth reading our related articles below about the University's stance on proofreading.