How can I reference correctly?
You can reference correctly and avoid plagiarising in the following ways...
As a general guide, you have to reference when:
- quoting sections from a book
- including text that you have copied and pasted from the internet
- paraphrasing or summarising someone else's argument
- using another student's notes (even in group work projects)
- including points from lecture notes
Referencing styles vary so make sure you check with your department if you’re unsure.
Skills@Library's Guide to Plagiarism is also useful to explain what plagiarism is and how to avoid it.