Can I claim compensation because my teaching was affected by the strikes?

Some of your teaching may be rearranged or cancelled during the period of strike action. 

You may be able to claim compensation if your teaching has been significantly disrupted by the strike action. These claims require a high level of evidence, so come and speak to LUU Advice about your case. 

You cannot claim compensation just because lectures and seminars have been missed. If you have costs such as significant wasted travel, speak to your School in the first instance.

We encourage all students to speak to LUU Advice before contacting a solicitor or pursuing legal action. 

The university has a specific procedure and advice for complaints in relation to strikes here.

You can view the University's communications to students here.