I’m unhappy with my assessment/exam results, what can I do?

If you’re unhappy with how your assessments have gone or are disappointed with your results there are a few things you can try.

Speak to your School, module tutor or your Personal Tutor first. It's best to discuss your worries and concerns about your results with them, they may be able to offer some guidance on the best option for you.

If there have been any difficulties which affected your ability to work or take an exam and they have not been taken into account, you can take a look at the mitigating circumstances procedure. 

Once your results have been confirmed, you may be able to make an appeal through the Taught Student Appeals procedure. You must submit your appeal within 20 working days from the date your results were confirmed.

Please note that if you are in your final year making an appeal will delay your graduation date, meaning you will not graduate in the summer. If this is the case you will also need to contact the Graduation Office and let them know that you will not be attending your graduation ceremony.

LUU Advice can help you with the appeals process and give you guidance about all of these issues, pop into LUU Advice for more information or contact us here.