I’m not happy with the outcome of a complaint, can I challenge the decision?

You can appeal an outcome or escalate a local level complaint. Who you contact will depend which stage you have complained at. 

If you have complained to a School or Service, you can escalate your complaint to the University Complaints Officer. You can find out who that is and how to contact them here.

If you have complained to the Complaints Officer and you are not satisfied with the outcome, it can be appealed by asking the Deputy-Vice Chancellor, (DVC) to review the case. You must do this within 20 working days of the Complaints Officer response and include reasoning for your appeal. There is further information here.

The Deputy-Vice Chancellor’s decision is the final decision of the University, which is usually reaching within 1 month. Since this is the end of the University’s process, you will be issued with a Completion of Procedures letter. If you are not satisfied at this stage, you can ask for a review by the Office of the Independent Adjudicator (OIA).

If you have a University level complaint, please contact LUU Advice for help and we can advise you about your options.