Why and how to stand in an LUU club/society election
Have you been a member of a club or society this year and fancy taking the next step and standing as a student leader on the society committee? Then you’ve come to the right place! This article is your one stop shop for everything you need to know about standing to be on a club or society committee.
Being on a society committee is a fantastic opportunity for all sorts of reasons.
- Great experience (especially for your CV)
- Have your say on how the group should run
- Join a large community of committee members
- Learn new skills
So what does it take to lead a society?
Being a society committee member is very rewarding and will massively enrich your experience on campus. Before nominating yourself, here's a few things to consider:
- Make sure you have the time to devote to the group and its members
- Responsibilities vary depending on position so have a read of the duties first or contact the current committee for more info.
- Training will be provided and you'll get a full handover from the previous committee
Societies are a place for anyone and everyone, so it’s important to LUU that it’s as open and accessible as possible.
So how do I stand to be on a committee?
You can find all our guidance on how to nominate yourself in a society election on our guidance document.
If you have any further questions then please contact the activities team at firstname.lastname@example.org