Can I change my gas or electricity supplier?

If you live in University accommodation or with the owner of the property then you can’t change your suppliers. 

If you live in a private rented property then yes you can as long as you haven’t signed up to an all inclusive package, in this case your landlord will have stated who your supplier has to be. 

It’s easy to switch suppliers, you just need to find the best deal for you. You need to let your landlord know who the new supplier is because they need this information for future tenants and if there are any problems with the supply in the future.

Before you switch suppliers you will need to know who your current supplier is. You can find that out here if you don’t already know and can find a new supplier too.