I’m a Postgrad who’s teaching job has finished, what are my rights?

Your role will end if you stop being registered as a PGR at Leeds, or if your job is no longer needed. 

Your role can also be ended without notice if:

  • Your supervisor/tutor thinks the that teaching is impacting your studies 
  • You miss teaching sessions you have previously agreed to without notice or a good reason
  • Your standard or performance is unsatisfactory

We can help you if you feel that:

  • Your role has been terminated without good reasons and you’d like to appeal
  • You experience problems with your studies because of the work you have to do
  • You feel that you have been treated badly by your School
  • We also always recommend that you join a workplace trade union for specialist help with employment problems.

See our related articles if you would like more help.