I'm a disabled student, what funding can I get?

If you’re struggling with money, come in and see us at LUU Advice. You can drop us an email or give us a ring on 0113 380 1290.

You may be eligible for Disabled Students Allowances through Student Finance. This is none means tested funding for support during your studies that could include an equipment allowance, non medical helper allowance (1 to 1 tuition or mentoring), a travel allowance and a general allowance for additional other study related costs arising from your disability. Please contact Disability Services for support with your application. 

There’s also some benefits and tax credits that you may be able to get for that extra bit of help. Here’s the website to help you find out more. And have a look at the Personal Independence Payment scheme here, which is another option.

Another helpful website is Turn2us, which has lots of info about which benefits you can claim.

If you are concerned about what benefits you can receive as a student, please come in and have a chat with us. 

If you’re in any financial hardship, please speak to us as there may be additional support available to you through the University Financial Assistance Fund.

If you are an international student, please contact Disability Services who can let you know what funding is available from the university to ensure you can get all the help you need.