How can I report a crime?

If the crime is happening now, or there is still a risk to yourself or others, you should report it via 999.

If you want to report a crime that has happened, but there is no immediate risk - you can report formally e.g. to the Police or University Security, or you can have a chat in confidence and informally first, before you decide if you want to take any further action. In an emergency, you should always call 999. 

Reporting to the Police

This is for any crime that has happened on or off campus. In non-emergency situations call West Yorkshire Police on 101 or you can contact PC Becky Hurrell Police-Student Liaison Officer on 07590359138 or you can send her an email.

Sometimes it’s difficult to report a crime to the police. If you’re anxious about speaking to the police for any reason you can call into LUU Advice and we can help you go through your options and arrange a Police meeting on campus if that would help.

Reporting to University Security

This is for any crime that has happened on campus or in a University Residence - if you don’t wish to report it to the Police. Here are details on how to report the crime.

Reporting Anonymously

You can report via Crimestoppers.

Reporting a Hate Crime 

If you have been a victim of hate crime, sexual harassment or online harassment you can now report this through the University's online reporting system. If you would like some help and guidance on filling this out, or you want to discuss other options with us, please come and visit us in the Union building or email us here. Our service is confidential and we can help. 

Stay Alerted

You can sign up to community alerts to be updated about crime in your local area via email or text message.