How to: Organise a trip
The purpose of this guide is to help you organise a safe and successful trip for your club or society. If you haven’t organised a trip for other people before, please read this Trip Guide in detail.
Our guide includes:
- What is constituted as a 'trip'
- The trips process
- Wednesday BUCs information
- Types of trips
- Our LUU travel checklist
We require you to fill out some documents when you are going on any type of trip. This lets us know where you are going, how you are getting there and who is going with you. You will also need to complete a Risk Assessment so you know what potential risks there are, and how to manage them (unless this is covered by your Annual Risk Assessment).
In short, the trip process is as follows:
- STEP 1: Complete a trip form
- STEP 2: Complete a trip risk assessment
- STEP 3: Create a trips event on the LUU website (if selling tickets)
- STEP 4: Upload your attendee list to Engage
- STEP 5: Planning and checking your trip details
- STEP 6: LUU emergency contact details
If you have any questions, please contact your Development & Engagement Officer or firstname.lastname@example.org.