Sign Up to Clubs and Societies Fair
Welcome to the 2022/23 Clubs and Societies Fair.
What is the Fair?
The Fair is for all students at the University of Leeds to discover what is available to them at LUU. It offers an introduction and important recruitment to out 350+ clubs and societies at Leeds. Furthermore, there will be local and national brands attending the Fair, bringing with them exciting games to play, freebies, and hot food. The Fair supports us to create a celebrated, fun and lively community that we can be proud of.
Here’s a clip from one of our previous Fairs
And another one! (with over 23,000 views 😅)
When and where is it?
The Fair will take place:
The Riley Smith Theater and Marquee
Monday 26th September: General Interest, Faith and Academic
Tuesday 27th September: Academic, Culture, and Music + Performance
Wednesday 28th September: Volunteering, Campaigning, Media, Welfare, Academic
Tuesday 27th and Wednesday 28th: Dance, Outdoors, Martial Arts, Sports
Please note that the above society category allocations are provisional. The final allocations will depend on popularity for stall sign-ups and preferences.
The journey here
We’ve consulted with groups about their preferences towards the Fair. Ideally we would have had the fair with all societies on the same day. However, after looking at alternative spaces including Stylus, the Refec, and more, there weren’t appropriate and accessible spaces available. Furthermore, the unpredictable weather conditions in September make it difficult to rely on outside tables. In order to respond to feedback from previous years, we will be organising the following:
- Enhanced marketing/signage to help students navigate the fairs and find their societies
- Reduced the fair to just Monday - Wednesday
- The opportunity to have showcases on multiple days and at both the Edge/Riley Smith irrespective of category
- Temporary pop-up stalls at each fair
- We’re also working on some exciting and important opportunities for the Fair including improving the accessibility of the Fair to all students, and offering enhanced wellbeing support for those volunteering on stalls. There will be more details available soon.
We would love your feedback. If you have an idea to help us create a successful Fair, celebrating student societies, please contact your Development and Engagement Coordinator.